Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Food for Thought

Here are pictures of us cooking simple and healthy meals at home.  

SUSHI---------
So one night, Trent thought it would be "fun" to make sushi at home.  At first, I was a little skeptical about this "great" idea of his. I was afraid of the work and extra dishes I might have to clean. Seriously, who other than Japanese folks prepare sushi for dinner in their own kitchen. But he read some stuff online before attempting his first maki rolls and it is easier than you would think. 

This is edible!! Unagi (eel) avocado rolls.

Trent really needs a shirt. 


TURKEY BURGERS-------------
Trent grilled  turkey patties while I sauteed mushrooms and green beans

Hi Aunt Jean and Uncle Pat!! check out my wok!! Don't I look like a less bubbly Rachael Ray?
 
I bought some peaches that weren't quite ripe so I plopped then on the massive George Foreman with honey to help soften the texture.



We love our kosher "bigger than your face" buns on our turkey patties.


FLOUNDER------------
Baked fish with a mixture of bread crumbs and Panko flakes (good idea from Aunt Barb) on Romaine Lettuce. Trent had this with Raspberry dressing and I had it with a Miso Thai Lime dressing.

PASTA-------------

Fresh mushroom ravioli (from the market) with roasted pepper tomato sauce and lots of mozzarella cheese on the top (also made with my wok- I totally should have invented this)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Trent is a good cook. NExt time I come up , you guys need to cook for us. By the way, Trent can leave his shirt off for the camera. you should get a panini grill

Betty said...

Trent is a good cook and can leave his shirt off??? what about me?? gimme some credit yo!!!!