Friday, July 13, 2007

Indy Day!

Hola from Washington heights!!! I know this post is crazy late, but I’ve been pretty BUUUSSSYYYY memorizing crazy random facts for my upcoming boards. Okay, let’s get started!








Trent and I spent several stupendous days at home enjoying the company of our families and friends. It was really nice to get away from the stress and crazy people of NYC. My white sister Tia (aka WST), Tom, and I competed in a fishing derby Tuesday evening. While I caught 9 fish, including a ginormous walleye and bass, Trent ran around the neighborhood block with Judy chasing after him on a bike. Tom started a campfire at night and we, well more like I, stuffed my face with atrocious vats of fatty foods ( the menu included meat popsicle hot dogs, pizza, and smores). Honestly, the best part about being in Fremont is the fact that Tom buys me an entire decade’s worth of food that is most certainly banned in our apartment. The diet is freaking awesome!!!!! But only for a day, because I don’t even want to imagine what my waistline would be if I lived there. Jenny and Kayden (the cutest, most energetic little tyke around) visited us while we waited for Lily, Chris and David to arrive. Lily had to put in a crazy 13 hour day so they didn’t get to Fremont until 1. It was nice catching up with the peeps and listening to David’s crazy stories about his time with Carlun in NYC. Lily and I also had to endure several hours watching the crazy boys tried to burn a half eaten watermelon shell. They finally gave up on boiling off the watermelon juice at 3 am in the morning and we shuffled off to bed.





On July 4th, we headed to Cedar Point to see Buzz, Barb and the rest of the Tucker gang at the boat. The weather wasn’t ideal but the small showers did not stopped us from enjoying our day jet skiing, swimming in the pool, relaxing in the hot tub, and playing cards. Tia and I even got to do some sun tanning and mud slinging. I was a little bummed out that Elaine and Melissa were not able to make it to the boat this year, but I had a great time with Lily and Chris (and David). I can’t believe they are getting married in less than a year.






Being able to see our families is the best part of the trip and it sucks that we’ve been so busy the past two summers with studying, working, and doing research. We definitely miss spending our weekends chilling at the boat. Ironically, although this is the first summer in like 10 years I haven't had to work a crappy job, it’s been the most strenuous yet. Putting in 10 hour days sitting in the library is a lot harder than physically working a 10 hour day. No joke!!!!!

     

5 comments:

Betty said...

Great Job B!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, nice job, B!

Didn't Tia send you any of the fishing contest pictures? If she did, I'd like to see one here. Also, demand that Trent send some updates on his recent race results! I also would like to see some pics from your apartment windows. And some pictures of your fabulous apartment since there are many who read your blog and will never get a chance to see the views you get every morning of NJ. Also Trent should try carrying a camera when he runs in NJ so he can document the things he sees (like the dazed deer he scared into a fence).

MasterTLT said...

We don't have the fishing pictures, so send them this way. I do have pictures from NJ Long Path as I took my camera phone with me last Tuesday. I'll post them soon. I'm thinking of making a separate blog just for my workout data, I'll keep you updated if I get around to making that.

Unknown said...

Yo Yo YO!!!

I am taking my boards on thursday (and then the law part on Tuesday) and it's freaking crazy!!!!! I haven't really study like a mofo yet but I think I will tomorrow. Oh by the way, you better take good care of my bathing suit!

Anonymous said...

I am loving your blog, T&B. :) Hope you're finding some time to enjoy sushi and free concerts this summer during all that studying!