Sunday, July 1, 2007

Psoas Major with Cous Cous, Green Beans, and Mushrooms


Betty and I worked together to make a steak dinner. I manned the George Forman with the steak, and she cooked on her special wok that mom got her for Christmas (yes, she uses it everyday).  We definitely need to get some more of this steak as it is great (especially for the price) and I can freeze large quantities of it. This dinner is trying to become my favorite meal at home, but it has a ways to go to beat my unagi avocado maki and blue fin sashimi tuna.  It has the advantage of being much easier and quicker to prepare, and would be even easier to grill if I didn't have to use an electric George Forman grill, as I have to butterfly the thicker cuts to keep the meat from mooing in the middle.  I seem to have convinced Betty that the blender we have works ok enough (she wants some sort of personal blender she says is easier to clean and use) as she spun up come wonderful smoothies to complete the dinner.  It is always nice to have something other than NYC tap water and skim milk every once in a while.

Beef filet mignon with Monterey spicy seasoning and A1 steak sauce (Psoas Major from Fairway, whole tenderloin for $6.99 per pound) with couscous (Whole Foods prepared for store package), green beans and white mushrooms (fresh from Fairway), and smoothie beverage with banana, strawberry, blue berries, and plain yogurt (Whole Foods 365 fat free).

5 comments:

Betty said...

Yea, I always make fun of our huge blender because we aren't running a Jamba Juice here!!

Betty said...

I look really nappy in the picture

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your essay! I will have to share your site with other friends and relatives.

PR said...

I'll get you guys a bullet...your life will be fulfilled then!

Unknown said...

you look nasty freak!!!